Today marks the one year anniversary since we applied to begin our adoption process.
This year has seen lots of ups and downs in this process.
Here's a quick run-down of where we've been over the past year.
- Considered international adoption- I love Africa, no surprise!
- Home study agency says they will not approve us for International- bummer!
- Considered domestic adoption
- Completes all paperwork for home study
- Home study agency asks to put us on hold because they are worried about our negative net worth
- Go into drastic pay-stuff-off mode!
- Pay off one credit card
- Pay off car- Hallelujah!!!!!
- Continue to pay down balances on credit cards
- Continue to pay down student loan
- Continue to pay down mortgage
- Fundraiser with the Sara Jane Project (raised $1200)
- Yardsale (raised $1000)
- Home study agency still wants to keep us on hold
- Considered embryo adoption- possibly the craziest option yet!
- Instagram Auction (raised $854)
- Met with infertility doctor to talk about embryo adoption- decide that is not for us, right now
- Decided to persue domestic adoption using an adoption consultant
- Apply and hire an adoption consultant
- Hear from home study agency that our home study will be APPROVED!!!!!!!
So it's taken us a year to get to this point. That sounds like a long time, and trust me when you're living it, it is. But I know that God is in the details and He is working in this adoption.
So where are we now?
- Need to update some fingerprints and stuff for our home study
- Then apply to agencies
- And apply for grants, grants and more grants!!!
- Do some more fundraising.
- Wait for a referral
- and Bring our Baby home!
I'm slowly learning this lesson that sometimes delays are God's way of keeping you where you are so that He can point you in the right direction.